Calpe - Maryvilla
Costa Blanca North
Calpe, also spelled without the ‘e’ as Calp, is instantly recognizable for the mighty Penon de Ifach, the huge rock which rises 332 meters out of the Mediterranean Sea. This has stood guard over the town and witnessed its transformation from sleepy little fishing village into tourist magnet.
Calpe is best known for its fine sandy beaches and great quality fish restaurants. There are two stunning beaches to choose from, one either side of the mighty rock. Both beaches have beautiful long promenades and a great selection of bars and cafes. The fish restaurants are to be found mainly around the marina and the town centre has some excellent local shopping facilities, including a large street market.
The Rock of Ifach, which has been compared to the Rock of Gibraltar, was declared a nature reserve in 1987 and now provides a safe haven for a variety of birds and unusual flora and fauna. For the energetic, there is a fantastic walking route which goes through a tunnel in the rock and takes you right to its very tip!
Places of interest and ideas for things to do in Calpe / Calp
• The Town Centre: great shopping district.
• The Tourist Information Office: for more information about the town and its museums including the Collectors Museums, Comic Museum, Fiesta Museum, Archaeological Museum, Ethnological Museum and the Casa de la Senyoreta Museum.
• The Beaches: long sandy beaches.
• The Marina: small marina beside small rocky beach.
• The Market: large Saturday morning
• The Nature Reserve: the Rock of Ifach Park with a fantastic walking route.
• The Salinas: salt lake, great for bird watching.
• The Scenic Drive: to Moraira along CV746 with lots of possible stopping places for admiring the views!
Ideas of places to visit in Calpe / Calp
• There is enough to do in Calpe to keep you busy for a whole day. The museums are worth a visit and old town is lovely to wander around. Then there is the beach to relax on and a great range of restaurants to dine at, many of which offer freshly caught fish dishes.
• Enjoy the hustle and bustle of the busy street market on a Saturday morning and, after a stop at the Salinas to admire the Flamingos, head inland to the beautiful town of Benissa with its superbly restored historic quarter for some tranquility.
• Have a day of enjoying the scenery. Follow the clearly marked walking trail through the nature reserve that protects the Rock of Ifach. Take the CV746 scenic road to Moraira and have a wander along the seafront to the marina.
Request a Viewing
Do you have question? You can call us also on: +34 630 764 350
Share This Property
Surfaces in m2
Distance in km
Distance City Center